Re: About spam

Hello ZeiMoT, hello all,

> Maybe the list should not pass incoming mail to the list unless the
> sender is on the list.

Yes, it's getting on my nerves too.  On the other hand, I've got close
to a dozen different addresses and can never remember which address I
used on which list, which is a continuous pain, so I'm a bit wary.

> On what systemtype is the list run ?

Unix (SunOS).  I recently installed spamassasin for my private use,
which does quite well.  I suspect one could use that to filter mail to
the list, however, I'm not quite sure how to do that short of creating
an account for the list, which I would hate to do due to security
concerns.

Do you (one of you) have any idea how to curb spam without
inconveniencing legitimate posters?

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html