Strange CF-behaviour in Poqet PC Plus

Hi,

I'm also sending this to the Sharp list, as it is also a problem of
interoperability, but mostly this is a Poqet PC Plus problem:

I recently bought two more 32MB SanDisk CF-cards for use in both my
Sharp PC 3100 as well as my Poqet PC Plus.  Now, everyone owning a
Sharp PC3K knows that this computer only talks to a selected number of
CF-cards, so this is the computer I took with me when buying the
cards, and right enough, both were recognised.  The cards are also
recognised by Windows XP, as well as by Linux, both a SuSE 2.0.36
kernel as well as a SuSE 2.4.19 kernel, and also inside a Psion 5MX
Pro.  They are not recognised, however, inside the Poqet PC Plus.  I
can not even format them using PQFORMAT, nor did formating them inside
the Sharp or under Linux, trying either FAT12 or FAT16 help any.

I then had a closer look at the cards themselves.  The two
non-functioning as well as one functioning card I own all identify
themself as

SDCFB-32 30MB w/1kB Cache
CHS=490/4/32
Vcc=5.0

under Linux, in fact the _only_ difference between the cards I could
detect is in the labelling on the Outside, where the functioning card
is labelled (C) 99 on the back and AA0108NA on the side, while the
non-functioning cards are both labelled (C) 02 on the back and
AA0302SI on the side.

Any ideas what could be the problem and, even more importantly, how to
resolve this?

Thanks

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html