Re: [Sharp-pc3k] Where encounter laplink.exe at the moment

Thank you very much, To grief that does not manage to cause that the LAPLINK copies the same one with MODE COM..., it manages to find the LAPLINK.exe in Internet and with this communicating the PC-3000 to me with my PC Pentium I-100MHz.  By this via envie the new LL3.EXE(Version but of laplink), setting the colors in the PC-3000 and was left OK, by this I can communicate with the Parallel port, but efficiently.  Thank you very much by its aid.

From: Bjørn Haaland <bjhaalan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Sharp-pc3k] Where encounter laplink.exe at the moment
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:04:37 +0200

Hello (Hola)

The LapLink for the Sharp PC 3000 is buildt into the computer itself, and must be downloaded from it.

Here is the what the manual says:

What is LapLink

LapLink is a communications program, a utility which lets you exchange files with another computer. Use it, for example, to transfer documents you've prepared at home to a desktop computer in your office.

Setting Up

Before you can begin transferring files to or from another computer,, you must connect your computer (referred to as the local computer by LapLink) to the computer that will send or receive files (referred to as the remote computer by LapLink) using the optional Serial conversion cable (CE‑302CB) and LapLink cable (CE‑303CB), as described below. (For details on each cable, see Chapter 14)

Prepare the two computers for LapLink communications as follows:

Connect the 10‑pin male connector end of the serial conversion cable to the serial port on the left panel of your computer.

Connect the single 9‑pin female connector end of the LapLink cable to the serial conversion cable.

Connect either the 9‑pin or 25‑pin connector on the other end of the cable to the 9‑pin or 25‑pin serial port of the remote computer.

0                             Turn on both computers.

0                             To use LapLink on the remote computer for the first time, the MS~DOS

               MODE command must be available. To check, type MODE and press

               Enter at the MS‑DOS prompt on the remote computer. If Bad

                  c omma n d o r f i 1 e n ame is displayed, the MODE command is not

               available: find the MODE.COM file and either move to the directory

               that contains it,, or move the file to a directory on the DOS search path.

               If you get any other message, the MODE command is available.

0                              At the MS‑DOS prompt on your computer, type LAP LINK and press Enter. You will see the LapLink screen with the following message:

Press [F10] to install LAPLINK on remote system.

Press F10.

*               The screen will change and prompt you to connect the computers with the supplied cable and enter the number of the serial port you are using on the remote computer. Since you have already connected the cable, simply enter the port number, 1.

The screen then prompts you to enter two lines on the remote computer. If you have connected to serial port 1 on the remote computer,, enter the following two lines at the remote computer., pressing Enter at the end of each line:

MODE COM1:2400,N, 8, 1, P CTTY COM1

If you have connected to port 2, substitute COM2: for COM1: in the above two lines.

After you enter the second line, the remote computer will appear to lock up: this is normal.

Back at your computer, press any key except Esc. LapLink Will copy itself to the remote computer, and display its progress. When copying has finished, the LapLink main screen will appear on both the local and remote computers, indicating that both computers are ready for you to use LapLink.

The LapLink utility is bidirectional; you can use either computer to control the other. The controlling computer becomes the local computer and the controlled computer becomes the remote computer.

Best Regards

Bjørn Haaland

Norway (Noruega)