Re: SRAM on Poqet

> > I purchased 5 of the 1.5mb SRAM's advertised here, flipped off one,
> > and am using the other 4 with no problems - they work great, and
> > seem to have fully charged batteries. Anyone else her using them? If
> > you have problems formatting them, you need a PC utility to do so -
> > I've already provided it to one listmember
>
> Is this a utility running on the Poqet-PC, or a utility running on a
> (real) PC?  Or are we merely talking about 2MFORMAT.COM, the utility
> needed to format SRAM > 1MB on the Classic?

No, I am talking about the PCCARD formatter for Card and Socket Services
under MS-DOS on a PC Laptop - I can find no other way to format the
1.5mb cards - format.com on the poqet fails, and 2MFORMAT formats the
cards to 512k!

> Hmm.  Wouldn't you be better of _not_ using Windows, running something
> like WordPerfect for DOS?  While it is of course cool to run Windows
> on the Poqet, I'm hardpressed to believe it is actually practical...

Probably, but I like the ability to visualize fonts and underlining
etc., which is helpful because I use my poqet mostly for notetaking and
outline making.