Re: XP and SRAM, cracking hinge solution, new Poqet owners

At 07:24 AM Friday 6/20/2003, Sven Utcke wrote:
> Finally, we need a way to let new Poqet owners know
> about this forum, since it doesn't pop out at you on a
> Yahoo search.  What turns up first is Brian Mason's
> slumbering site (hope he gets it going again, any
> word?).

Well, he recently wrote on usenet that he plans to revitalize it any
time now.  No idea when exactly this will be.  I certainly believe it
would be best if the (no-volume) mailing list went back to him too and
all would again be in one hand...

Part of my master plan is to re-start the mailing list. It might take a little while because my ISPs don't provide this service, so I'll have to install a mailing list system like majordomo or listserv on my server at home. The new Poqet PC Web site is almost up and running. It should be up by the end of next week.

> One idea is to send off a short email to eBay Poqet buyers,
> mentioning this site, as I've done.

I wonder if it would be possible to automate this (where to get their
address from?)?  Also, in these days of increasing spam-levels,
whether it can be the way to go...

Personally, I hate spam or anything that smells like spam (I get over 400 spam messages a day becuase of my e-mail address being on my Web site), so I would be against something like this. I'm first on Google if you search for "Poqet PC", and the more everybody links to my site, the more likely my site will come up in a Google search.

-- Bryan