Re: I'm New

> Thanks for the help everyone but I'm still having trouble. From what I've
> worked I probably have flash cards which means (shudder) transfering files
> through laplink.

Yepp.

> I am having problems with this these are the steps I've taken.
>
> 1. Downloaded laplink onto my computer.
> 2. Connected computers with cable to COM1 port of my computer.
> 3. Ran Laplink on the PC 3100
> 4.Ran Laplink on my computer.
>
> Nothing happens.
>
> Would the fact that my computer runs XP make anything different.

Possibly (I don't do Windows, so I wouldn't know).  But more likely
you didn't enable the PC3K's serial port (it's normally switched of,
you can enable it using popup (among other possibilities)).  Or maybe
the speeds of the serial ports aren't matched?  Or it's actually
connected with a different port (not com1, but com2 etc)?

Sven
--
      IBM Thinkpad 701C, 80486 DX4/75, 40MB RAM, 3.2GB HDD, Linux 2.0.36