Repartition CF card (was: Possible flash memory supplier?)

Sven Utcke schrieb:

> > I had repartitioned a 64MB CF card into two <32MB partitions. The PC-3K
> > had access to the first one.
>
> I didn't know this would work.  What did you use to partition the
> card?  Then how did you proceed, just sdisk and sformat?
>
> Sven

I used MS-DOS drivers and utilities for my SwapBox PC card reader.
I can't remember if I formatted the CF card on my desktop PC using the
standard DOS format or on my PC-3K using sformat.

I think that sdisk patitions the CF card with the geometry read out from
ATA controller of the CF card.
And sformat writes the FAT file system on the CF card without writing
$F6 in every sector like standard format of DOS. sformat's behaviour
won't
wear out the flash memory chips. But that's only a guess.

I hope that the TRM helps me understanding the DIPS CF card driver. I
try to make my own driver which will support more than one partition
with 32MB each.

Bernd