FYI: Point Enablers

Hi List!  FYI for those interested; here's a very interesting site that I've
found that actually isn't there anymore!  It's a very informative chapter
from Stephen Bigelow's book "Troubleshooting, Maintaining & Repairing PCs"
about "PC Cards and Peripherals", Chapter 38.  I't's written in a very easy
to understand layman's terms.  It explains the beginning of Neil Chandra's
(of Poqet Computer) brainchild, the PCMCIA and it levels of services from
BIOS to Socket Services to Card Services to ATA card drivers, and finally
Point Enablers.  I've become aquainted with these softwares in the past but
never really understood what they actually did, or why they needed to load
in a certain order.  Here's the skinny.

Like I said, the site isn't there anymore but you can still view it as a
Google cached item.  Do a Google Search for: "troubleshooting bigelow PC
Cards and Peripherals point enablers" (without the quotes) and it should
come as the first selection:
Troubleshooting, Maintaining & Repairing PCs - Beta Version
... Begin troubleshooting by checking memory card compatibility (programmed
OTPROM cards
and Mask ROM cards ... SRAM cards are supported by an ATA PC Card driver ...
sure.org.ru/docs/hardware/pcrepair/chap38.html - 101k - Cached - Similar
pages
Click "Cached".  Here's your chance to read a chapter from a book that's
currently selling for ~$60.

New Geek term learned "tuple", and XIP is a PCMCIA process.

Enjoy!  --Bill