HDD for pc3100 (was: Memory- Card / Dos for Sharp)

Hallo Radek,

> For the memory cards: Look at usenet group comp.sys.palmtops Sometimes there
> is for sell something like this. I bought two 1 meg SRAM cards for 28$/each
> that way. It was really cheap for new SRAM card. (some close-out)

Which brings up an interesting question:  How much would I expect to
pay for 10M or 20M?  US$28/1MB seems incredibly expensive, at least
nowadays.

> There is a idea that some Compact flash may work in Pc3k. But it needs
> reduction for PCMCIA II which is too big to fit in PC3k.

Isn't CF available in PCMCIA too?

> Also you can try to find a External Box for 2,5" IDE drive. I have one and
> it is working fine. It is smaller than PC3k and very handy. On PC3k
> works with any HDD splitted into 32 MB partitions. Reading is very
> slow because of unidirectional LPT on PC3k.

So how did you connect the disk to the computer?  Using the printer
port, obviously, but how exactly?

Sven
--
      IBM Thinkpad 701C, 80486 DX4/75, 40MB RAM, 3.2GB HDD, Linux 2.0.36